HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT (HSA) CHECKING
Checking that’s good for your health
Health Savings Account (HSA) Checking
A checking account that helps you save more for your health.
Less paid to taxes, more saved for your family’s health related expenses.
To qualify for an HSA Account:
You must be enrolled in a high deductible health plan (HDHP)- For calendar year 2018, a “high deductible health plan” is defined under § 223(c)(2)(A) as a health plan with an annual deductible that is not less than $1,350 for self-only coverage or $2,700 for family coverage, and the annual out-of-pocket expenses (deductibles, co-payments, and other amounts, but not premiums) do not exceed $6,650 for self-only coverage or $13,300 for family coverage. You must not be covered by another medical plan and/or claimed as a dependent on another plan. Per IRS guidelines, HSA accounts must be held individually (no joint owners).Please contact us for questions or advice on opening an HSA account.
With an Advantis HSA you can:
- Use funds to meet your deductible
- Grow your balance tax-deferred
- Avoid taxes when you use funds for qualified medical expenses
- Roll your funds over each year—no “use it or lose it”
- Enjoy an account that is portable—it goes with you wherever you go
Let's dig a little deeper.
- Health insurance premiums when you’re between jobs
- Qualified long-term care premiums
- Medicare premiums and out-of-pocket expenses
- Living expenses after age 65 (pay ordinary income taxes) https://www2.iraservicecenter.com/rc/?OrgNbr=76029
Earn more as your account balance grows
- Open a new HSA Checking online. It’s quick and easy! Get started
- Manage your account 24/7 - including making contributions or withdrawals
- Get access to useful retirement products, set up a plan, and use helpful tools to run your numbers