Online Banking Login Help
New online banking users:
- First, we need your email address. If you’ve already provided us your email address, proceed to step 2. If not, please call us at 503-785-2528 or visit a branch to provide your email address.
- Go to our homepage and click “Register as new user” in the log in box.
- Register for eStatements by checking the eStatements box and accepting disclosures.
- Sign up for Bill Pay by clicking on the Bill Pay icon and filling out the online registration form.
- Download our Mobile App by visiting the App Store or Google Play on your device and search for Advantis.
- First, we need your email address. If you’ve already submitted the joint owner email address, proceed to step 2. If not, please call us at 503-785-2528 or visit a branch to provide the joint owner email address
- Visit our homepage on a web browser and select “Register as new user”
- Complete the simple registration process (you’ll provide account information so our system can verify your identity)
- A temporary password will be sent to the joint owner email provided to Advantis (in step 1)
- Login for the first time using your temporary password
Trouble logging in?
Here are some tips for troubleshooting common login issues:
- Don’t recognize your security questions? Check that your username is correct and that you’re entering the password in the correct field. When the system logs you out, you are often redirected to a page where you’re asked to enter just your username and then your password will be entered on the following screen.
- Temp password not working? Make sure you’re entering the password in the password field and not the username field.
- Unable to receive your temp password or alerts via text? You must register your mobile device prior before you can receive texts from Advantis. Go to the Contact tab under Settings and follow the process to register your device.
- Why am I or am I not being asked security questions each time I login? Our Online Banking system uses multiple methods for authenticating and verifying identity. Learn more