The principle of “people helping people” is deeply embedded in our credit union’s history. “Making a difference in our members’ lives and communities” is an Advantis core value, and we have established a scholarship awards program to support the educational endeavors of our members. Advantis is offering outstanding students of all ages scholarship awards of $500 or more to help them achieve a college education.
The Advantis Scholarship Program is administered by the Scholarship Committee of the Advantis Credit Union Board of Directors.
All application materials must be received by Tuesday, March 1st, 2016 at 5:00 pm.
Questions? Contact Jen McMurray, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-785-2565.
Please note: All of the information you provide is for the purpose of scholarship selection and will remain confidential.
You must meet three requirements to be eligible for an Advantis scholarship:
- You must be an Advantis Credit Union member (or a son/daughter of a member).
- You must be enrolled (or completed the application process) for a minimum of 12 credit hours at a college or university.
- Your accumulated grade point average must be 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
We’ve gone paperless! Our scholarship application process will be completed online this year through a secure form. Listed below are the items required to complete the application process. You will need to complete the online form in one sitting, so please have all of the required information and attachments ready when you begin the application.
- Application. Complete the online application form by following the link below. You will be asked for your personal and contact information, schools attended, GPA, extracurricular activities, Advantis member number & length of membership, and basic income information for you and your parents.
- Personal Essay. Please complete and attach an essay—typed in 11pt font, single-spaced and approximately one page in length— responding to the following prompts:
• What impact will a scholarship from Advantis have on you and your educational goals?
• Describe a situation where you have made use of a personal strength/talent to help others or your
• Describe your individual educational experience, explaining any impacts to your GPA.
- Transcript(s). Obtain a copy of your most recent school transcripts showing your total cumulative GPA (unofficial is acceptable)—either from high school (if you will be a college freshman) or from your college/university. If your most recent transcripts are more than three years old, please provide a resume in addition to your most recent transcript(s).
- Letters of Recommendation. Provide two letters of recommendation— at least one from a teacher or school advisor on official school letterhead. The second letter can be from a coach, pastor, club/community service leader, etc.
If your recommenders feel more comfortable sending their letters to Advantis directly, please ask them to email their letters to Jen McMurray at email@example.com
, noting “Advantis Scholarship: (Your Name)” in the email’s subject line.
- Financial Information. Please attach a copy of your FAFSA on the Web confirmation page showing your Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
Please note: This document will provide the Scholarship Committee with insight on your financial need; however, if you will not be completing the FAFSA form for the upcoming school year, you are not required to include this attachment. Please make note of this in the comment box at the end of the application form.
Apply for an Advantis Scholarship Now
Ready to begin? Start the Advantis scholarship application >>