SKIP A PAYMENT
SKIP A PAYMENT
Skipping a loan payment
What you need to know
- You can skip one payment on an eligible loan within a 12-month period.
- There is a $25.00 processing fee per loan. The fee will be added to your loan at the time your skip payment request is processed.
- Several Advantis consumer loans are eligible, including: Auto/RV/Motorcycle Loans and Personal Loans*. NOTE: credit cards, lines of credit, and real estate loans are NOT eligible.
- All of your Advantis accounts and loans must be current and in good standing. First payment skips are not eligible.
- When you skip a payment, your loan term will be extended by one month. This can increase the total interest you pay over the life of the loan. Regular payments resume the following month. Interest will continue to accrue on unpaid balance.
- If you have a payroll deduction, the money will remain in your account.
- Submit your skip payment request 15 to 30 days in advance of the loan payment due date you would like to skip. Requests submitted outside of this time frame may result in your request being rejected.
- For more information, please contact us using your preferred method below.
Three easy ways to request to skip your next loan payment:
- Send us a secure message (quickest option) – Log in to online banking, click “Support and Resources” then click “Secure Message Center” to send us a secure message requesting to skip a loan payment (make sure to specify which loan you want to skip).
- Call us at 503-785-2528 – Give us a call during business hours (Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm).
- Visit a branch – Schedule an appointment at an Advantis Branch and request to skip a loan payment.
*Loans that ARE NOT ELIGIBLE include: Real Estate, Mobile Home Loans, Home Equity, VISA Equity, VISA Credit Card or Personal Line of Credit.