A few questions about video tellers
1. Will video tellers cause other jobs to go away?
Actually, just the opposite. Video tellers create greater efficiencies. And those efficiencies give us the resources to invest in our cooperative and our people.
So we open new branches. And keep Member Advisors in branches to help with your more complex financial needs. We promote tellers and set them on paths in member advising, lending, underwriting, and other Advantis careers.
2. What if I like banking face-to-face?
Can’t blame you. We do too. Lucky for you, our video tellers are very much human. Feel free to chat them up. Ask about their weekend. Or try out your latest dad joke.
Because here’s the deal. You’re still face-to-face with a teller. But instead of a countertop between you, there’s a screen. Plus, since our video tellers come to you live from Advantis HQ, they’re free to virtually pop into any branch wherever and whenever they’re needed.
3. How much privacy will I have with a video teller?
As much as you want — and more than you ever would at a traditional teller counter. Your comfort, ease, and privacy are key. So you get to choose how you’d like to communicate. It’s as easy as using your smartphone.
Smile, say hello, and start your transaction (think video chat). The privacy filter ensures that only you can see what appears on screen.
Pick up the handset and speak privately (think phone call). Branch staff and visitors only hear one side of the conversation.
Start typing and bank without saying a word (think text or email). There’s nothing to overhear.
4. So am I using a machine or talking to a real person?
Both, actually. The machine simply connects to a teller—a real, live person who handles your transaction and does all the work for you. Every Advantis video teller is a banking pro who lives in the area and comes to work in Oregon City every day. So yeah, they’re as real as it gets.
Technology has brought everyday ease and convenience to banking—from ATMs and direct deposit to automatic payments and mobile banking. A machine is involved in each of these innovations. Now a machine can connect you with one of our wonderful video tellers. And they can’t wait to meet you.
5. How do members access the vestibule outside of lobby hours?
- Swiping their debit or credit card in the card reader
- By using their mobile wallet via their cell phone, or wearable (i.e. Apple watch)
6. What is different during extended hours?
- When the branch lobby is closed, printed items (teller checks, plastic, temp checks, check holds, etc.) will be provided via mail
- Foreign items cannot be processed via the ITM
- Coin slip redemptions and rolled coin sales are not available
Not a Member? Want to Join Advantis?
We make it easy! Just open any checking account, savings account, or loan – and poof – you’re an Advantis member.